- You still have to do the housework. Unless you sell millions of book and can hire someone to do it.
- You become addicted to your computer, worse than getting hooked on opioids.
- You can’t sleep comfortably every night because your characters don’t sleep. They just keep making chatter while waiting for the next scene.
- You never can predict your paycheck. It’s a given, you cannot predict how much it will be whether you are self-published or not.
- Number 6 is actually not correct. Amazon and Smashwords keep a running number of sales and royalties. It is my understanding that with traditional publishers, you will not know until the check actually appears.
- You become obsessed with marketing giving it more time than your writing.
- You cannot live in your pajamas all day. You still have to go out for groceries.
- You cannot go without a shower. You will still reek after a few days, So will the garbage pail.
Sarina doesn’t really care about any of this stuff. She just keep writing because I love it.
AND she would love you to add to my list or write a more positive one?
By the way, do you like my picture. Cool, right!